Tri-Colored Layered Mochi
- 1-16oz box mochiko
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 c. water
- 1-13.5oz can coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Food coloring (any 2 colors)
- 1 pkg potato starch (katakuriko)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan. Whisk together mochiko, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add water, coconut milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 3 bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring to 2 of the bowls (red & green).
- Pour first colored mixture into a pan and cover with foil.
- Bake as follows (all layers covered w/foil while baking at 350 degrees F):
1st layer – 15minutes 2nd layer – 20 minutes 3rd layer – 30 minutes
- Cool completely and cut into desired pieces w/plastic knife. Dust with potato starch.