Honey Walnut Shrimp
- ½ c. water
- 2/3 c. white sugar
- 1 c. walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 c. cornstarch *may use more*
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- ½ c. Kewpie mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- Oil for frying
- Mix water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add walnuts and boil for 2 minutes. Once done, drain water using a strainer and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Whip egg whites in a bowl until they become foamy. Stir in cornstarch and stir well. Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat. Dip shrimp into batter then fry until they become a golden brown color. When done, remove shrimp from oil then place on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk and mix well. *This is your sauce.*
- Before serving, toss shrimp with sauce and coat well. Add candied walnuts a serve.