- 1-15.25oz box Classic Yellow cake mix
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 egg yolks (save whites)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. water
- ⅔ c. vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
½ block of butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and grease a 9”x13” baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla extract, water, and oil. Mix together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg white mixture into cake batter then pour into greased baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until done (when toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- After cake is cooled, make holes in cake with bamboo skewer. Pour butter over cake. Make enough sugar and cinnamon mixture to sprinkle over the entire cake.