Shrimp Summer Rolls
Download the PDF Version
- 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 pkg rice noodles (Vermicelli)
- 1 pkg round rice paper wrappers
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves cut in half
- Sweet chili dipping sauce
- Cook shrimp in a medium pot of boiling hot water until they are an orange color. When shrimp are done, transfer to a bowl to cool. Once cooled, horizontally slice shrimp in half and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the package. Once done, transfer to a strainer and cool.
- Fill a shallow round dish with hot water (make sure rice paper fits in your dish). Place one sheet of rice paper in hot water until it becomes soft & pliable. *May have to refill hot water dish several times as water will become cold*
- Lay rice paper down on a working service. Layer lettuce, noodles, carrots, cucumbers, then shrimp in center of rice paper. Fold bottom flap up, then fold sides in. Continue rolling until sealed. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you are finished with all of your summer rolls. Serve with dipping sauce.