Download the PDF Version
- 1 c. mochiko
- 1. granulated sugar
- ½ Tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8 x 8 baking pan. Sift together mochiko, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add egg and beat well. Then add evaporated milk and vanilla and mix together.
- Add chocolate chips and butter in a microwaveable bowl. Heat for about 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Then add to egg mixture and mix.
- Combine wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir until smooth. Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool 2-3 hours before slicing. Fun a butter knife along sides of pan to loosen slightly while chocolate mochi is cooling.