- 1¼ c. butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ c. water
- 2½ c. flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 can Tsubushi an (azuki beans-chilled)
- 1 can evaporated milk (just enough to brush on tops)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream butter and sugar. Stir in water. Sift flour and salt and add to creamed mixture.
- Take a small portion of dough, flatten in palm, and fill with Tsubushi an. Seal to make filled biscuit.
- Keep in high mounded shape, place on baking sheet, and brush top of manju with evaporated milk.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly brown. Makes approximately 16 manju.