Chinese Chicken Salad
Download the PDF Version
- ½ -1 lb. skinless boneless chicken
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Roasted sesame seeds
- 4-5 stalks green onions (chopped)
- Won ton chips (optional)
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ¼ c. white distilled vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- Cook chicken in boiling hot water or on a grill until done. Once done, set aside to cool.
- Chop romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and place in a serving dish or container. *Also fits well in a square aluminum pan.
- Shred cooled chicken and evenly distribute on lettuce. Sprinkle desired amount of sesame seeds over chicken and lettuce, then top with chopped green onions.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour dressing into a leak proof container and chill until ready to serve. Shake dressing before pouring over salad as the oil causes ingredients to separate. *Optional – top salad with won ton chips right before serving to prevent them from getting soggy.